Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vaccines

After months of initial research I decided 18 months ago to forgo vaccinating my cats any longer. It was not a decision that my vet supported, but since we didn't discuss it in depth, I can't honestly tell you his reasons why.
But here's some good information on vaccines so you can decide for yourself....

First all vaccines contain Thimerosal a substance used as a preservative.
http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaccine/thimerosal.htm

it is thought to be linked to autism in children and has been removed from most childhood vaccines now. It has not be removed from any others as of yet.
Here's another interesting article....

http://www.dogsadversereactions.com/scienceVaccineDamage.html

There are a thousand more about bad vaccine reactions and cancers caused by vaccines, but the worst is the destruction of the immune system, hence the reason I forgo vaccines in my cats.
It won't make you the most popular client in the vet's office, but I am reasonably certain your pet will live longer better lives with at least a more informed vaccine protocol....

No comments:

Post a Comment