Wednesday, September 15, 2010

now and then

Today on another blog I found the comparison between "now and then" somewhat alarming. I failed to achieve what I had hoped for and I find that I can bring some of that retrospective to today's blog here..

a week doesn't go by when I don't receive some request from one of the many cat groups I belong to for a donation towards FIP research...

so I have to ask myself...what have those researchers (and we all know who they are) really accomplished in the last 5 years?....

an accurate test for fip?....no....necropsy is pretty much still it..and well the cat has to be dead for that to work

a vaccine...well...sort of, but not one that has any real practical use since it doesn't work if a cat's already been exposed to a corona virus as say about 90% of all cats have...

a treatment....ANY treatment that actually works?....nope, nothing here really either....

so, aside from some revised papers....nothing really has been achieved....not really encouraging prospects from a whole lot of fund raising....

just something to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment