Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to handle feline aortic thromboembolism - Veterinary Medicine

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is a heartbreaking disease for any cat owner. In the mid 90's I had two cats with this disease. I was disappointed that there were no viable treatments available that had any evidence of working, and after reading this article, I see very little progress has been made in addressing the treatment, but there are a few new things here that are worth a second glance.

My Squiggle died at age 3. He has a wonderful black and white male with many extra toes. He loved to play fetch. Tree died at age 6, he was a beautiful grey and white male who loved my son to the moon and back. They both threw clots and it was extremely painful for them and us. I hope someday there is a viable treatment that helps these cats live a lot longer.

How to handle feline aortic thromboembolism - Veterinary Medicine

No comments:

Post a Comment