Sunday, October 11, 2009

the move, an update and a promise to continue

well, it's been a while since my last post. Moving to a new area, a new home, and a new life has been great, but exhausting.

all the cats are doing well. I know that is the most important update. Mo and Lily who I was worried would pass from the FIP have actually improved greatly in the new house, though they still are separated in my son's bedroom. In a few months, I will have a titre run and make a decision about perhaps letting them out.

I had a group in the Netherlands interested in the FIP cats, because of how many I have lost, but in the end they bailed because my vet didn't have enough information for them on the cats that died and they didn't want to pay the fees to have samples/or the frozen cats overnighted to them. I was VERY disappointed and I think they missed a great opertunity to gain valuable insite. But I have not given up hope yet.
I still believe my cats hold some answers. It will just take more time.
In the meantime it has become obvious to me that both the house and the town we were living in is not innocent in it's contribution to the declining health. My own son had cancer, and last month, the 10th person we know of died from leukemia in the town. The obvious improvment in the cat's health and the great improvement of my own health since the move, leads me to believe that there were contributing factors to the great numbers of FIP. More food for thought for sure.
On that note, I can happily report that my fibromyaligia has been in complete remission since the move and I have never felt better, so those lack of symptoms can't go unexamined.

No comments:

Post a Comment